Loosely based upon the leather "hairnets" that cyclists used to wear before protection was a priority, we took their ventilation and classic style and incorporated them into a modern helmet design that combines aerodynamics, weight, aesthetics, and ventilation—the Airnet with MIPS.
- The MIPS system is a low-friction layer that allows a sliding motion of 10 to 15mm in all directions. Studies indicate that this reduces some of the rotational forces transmitted to the brain during angled impacts. (Watch Video | FAQ)
- Although we had the hairnet shape in mind during the design phase, we started by looking at the category leader in aerodynamic road helmets, our S-Works Evade, to see if we could make a classic style that wasn't only aesthetically pleasing, but also helped in the aero department. What we came up with is our third fastest helmet, behind the TT and Evade, that's lightweight, well ventilated, and looking good no matter your riding style.
- The Airnet with MIPS also features our ultra-light Mindset HairPort micro-dial fit system making the perfect fit easily achievable. Additionally, the 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports, brings some serious airflow.
- Composite matrix internal reinforcement allows larger vents for enhanced cooling.
- Tri-Fix web splitter improves comfort and ease of strap adjustments, while an instrap webbing system delivers ultra-light construction and security.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- Fit system is ANGi crash sensor ready.